Modern enterprises demand agility, speed, and scale. This is particularly true with digital technologies, which can enable or adapt to changing strategies at the speed of business. As companies seek to increase momentum and reduce capex, it is critical to ensure the proper infrastructure is in place. Wipro’s DevTest Environment Service is one such resource to help enterprises address this challenge.
How DevTest Environment Service on Cloud Works
Many companies struggle with limited on-premise infrastructure or spend days setting-up new DevTest environments. Others need to juggle multiple DevTest environments to achieve the right configurations at the right time, have compromised test coverage due to unavailable test environments, or suffer from inefficient operations via underutilized DevTest resources.
Fully Automated Environment Management
In the current digital world, DevTest environments are built fast, live fast, and often die fast. Wipro’s DevTest environment architects and engineers automate the full lifecycle of the DevTest environments, leveraging “infrastructure as code” and “reusable templates” to keep companies nimble. This ensures higher environment availability while capitalizing on the continuous-monitoring and autoscaling functionalities of the cloud.
Container-based Rapid Provisioning
Environment provisioning is further optimized by leveraging containerization rather than machine virtualization. This simplified and faster work model enables the DevTest team to create and access all low-level environments with only a few clicks.
In addition to the efficiency gains, Wipro’s DevTest Environment Service holds several other advantages:
- Completely on-demand and on-cloud, with costs optimized in a pay-per-use basis
- 70% faster provision and configuration times for DevTest environments
- Reduced capital investment on physical infrastructure, power, networking, and other IT elements
- Zero contention, as the service provides on-demand test environments with quick turnaround times
- 50% reduction in environment-related issues and troubleshooting
- High availability of test environments, which ensures greater test coverage
- A risk-free model, with each development or testing team empowered to demand their own test environment as required