Leading oil and gas business with more than $230 billion in sales uses advanced technologies and innovative processes to build a sustainable energy future. With interests in more than 20 refineries and operations in more than 70 countries, this energy company produces about three million barrels of oil equivalent per day.
- Transform engagement with business customers who were undergoing a fragmented experience with the existing ecommerce portal and put them “at the heart of everything we do.”
- Build a platform that enables digital engagement and customer relationship building to replace a transactional order placement platform used by global commercial and retail business customers.
- Retire an e-commerce portal that was not just expensive to run and maintain, but also looked dated in terms of the content, user interface, and personalization.
- Create an intuitive digital hub supporting all mobile devices, data analytics with the capability to deliver actionable insights, and single sign-on.
- Using Agile methodology, shape and implement portal solution while supporting business critical applications.
- Assessed requirements and proposed the toolsets and architecture required to best meet the client’s needs.
- Integrated Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), SAP Hybris, and an ERP to develop a digital platform that would enable future growth of the global commercial and retail businesses.
- Used AEM to deploy digital experiences, SAP Hybris for e-commerce functionalities, and a bespoke Java-based application to manage the authentication and profile of each user, elegantly interlaced with the client’s Active Directory.
- A clearly differentiated B2B offering that fully integrates with the company-wide SAP implementation, transforming the way the oil and gas supermajor and their global business customers operate on a daily basis.
- Critical platform for future growth of the global commercial and retail businesses.
- Superior experience as customers can now place orders, review their accounts, interact with service centers, all through one system that is a true one-stop-shop for ordering large quantities of fuel and lubricants.
- Digital transformation poised to deliver more than $340 million annually in cost savings by 2021. Cost centers and their estimated savings include:
- Operating expenditures: $27.1 million
- Sales time liberation: $5.1 million
- Customer service center and sales: $6.4 million
- Marketing: $7.4 million
- Decommissioning of legacy systems: $8.2 million