The global pandemic has caused thousands of businesses to enable employees to work from home. IT teams have grappled with deploying telework functionality at an unprecedented scale and pace, while employees have been forced to embrace new digital collaboration tools and processes. In the background, a different type of stress threatens to disrupt the productivity that companies are working so hard to maintain: the stress of thousands of remote workers accessing applications and the network simultaneously. This choked bandwidth increases the risk of reduced performance and impedes work that could otherwise be performed to enable seamless remote access.
Conducting a Connected Enterprise Experience Evaluation can help eliminate this stress and improve the remote employee experience. This three-step approach analyzes the connected experience at scale across apps, devices and networks; conducts performance engineering and monitors associate-facing applications (Microsoft Teams, Webex, corporate applications, self-service portals, etc.); and delivers results securely via the cloud with the support of crowdsourcing platforms.
Offered in an as-a-service model, this evaluation offers critical support for assessing the experience, enabling performance and managing stress throughout the remote-work environment.
The process enables IT teams to assess the experience by
- Isolating issues and interpreting them (with insights) for any app, OS, device and/or network
- Creating a waterfall of the UI flow
- Automatically identifying issues with the quality level or user experience
- Pinpointing the API and CDN call that’s responsible for the poor experience
Once issues are identified, the business can then enable performance by
- Unmasking bottlenecks on the client-side application, network or server-side performance
- Addressing root causes for client server performance issues
- Leveraging AI to improve visibility and recommend fixes without human intervention
Ultimately, these steps help companies manage stress on the network and associates by
- Controlling higher load situations and offering operational scale
- Supporting a wider spectrum of web, mobile and legacy applications
- Conducting global load testing though a single access point
- Enabling out-of-the-box integration with leading APM solutions (New Relic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.)
As companies around the world strive to manage their suddenly remote workforce, it’s critical to monitor and address the increased stress on enterprise networks and applications. Performing a Connected Enterprise Experience Evaluation and applying its lessons can help businesses reduce downtime and quality issues by 50% and troubleshoot/resolve issues three times faster. Ultimately, this can help companies maintain or improve productivity — and the remote employee experience — as they navigate these uncharted waters.